Exporting Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Exporting Project

Post by dganeshm »

Hi All,

Is there a way take an export of a project ( I have about 400 jobs) from a command line ?

Is there a CM tool that can be configured with Datastage so that we can maintain version history?

Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Ganesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're on version 8.1 you use the istool command, which is part of the Information Server Manager. Currently it does not have complete version management with check-out/check-in, but this is promised in a near future release.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dganeshm »

ray.wurlod wrote:If you're on version 8.1 you use the istool command, which is part of the Information Server Manager. Currently it does not have complete version management with check-out/check-in, but this is promi ...
I am using 8.0.1 .. I am not able to read your complete answer...
Regards,
Ganesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In that case (not having version 8.1) you need to use the client-side command line dscmdexport or dsexport (search DSXchange for more information). Again there is no check-out/check-in capability, though some sites use the export file itself as "source code" in source code control systems.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.