parent child initial loading

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

parent child initial loading

Post by DSRajesh »

Dear All,

I have two empty master detail tables say journey (journeyid is PK) AND Trucks(Truckid is pk,journeyid if FK)
i have loaded master table records and i need to load second table Trucks where i need to populate journeyid values from Journey table.
as Trucks is an emptty table ,i dont have any matching keys bewteen Journeys and Trucks.then how can i load the trucks with journeyid column from master table journeyid values.

can any one suggest me on this about approach.

thanks
raj
RD
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Not sure what you are asking.

You must investigate your source systems to see what is available.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be a question to an Analyst or Modeler at your site, not sure how anyone else would know your data / structures. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hiral.chauhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: parent child initial loading

Post by hiral.chauhan »

DSRajesh wrote:Dear All,

I have two empty master detail tables say journey (journeyid is PK) AND Trucks(Truckid is pk,journeyid if FK)
i have loaded master table records and i need to load second table Trucks where i need to populate journeyid values from Journey table.
as Trucks is an emptty table ,i dont have any matching keys bewteen Journeys and Trucks.then how can i load the trucks with journeyid column from master table journeyid values.

can any one suggest me on this about approach.

thanks
raj

You need to find out the relationship between your Journey table and your Trucks table. Something like

One truck can make Many Journeys.

Then you can select JourneyId where truck = 'MyTruck'

Does that make sense?

-Hiral
Thanks,
Hiral Chauhan