Datasets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datasets

Post by sshettar »

Hi All,

I know datasets are very useful in terms of performance, but i was just curious to know if the datasets causes a problem if we decide to use different config file as compared to when cretaed it
As in lets say we are using 4 nodes and we create a dataset , just wondering if we can read the same dataset from a different job which is using a config file ( may be less or may be more number of nodes).

thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sshettar »

Thanks Craig!!!
but One small confusion , Is "YES" for the first part of my question or for my second part of my question.

i know this confusion is because of the way i framed the question. i have put two contradicting question out there. the first part says :does the dataset causes problem when the configuration file is changed.and my second part of the same question states" is it possible to read the dataset created with different config file in a job with different config file?
Hence would want to know for which part of my question is the answer "YES"
emma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by emma »

data sets are platform and configuration specific
Thanks,
Emma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"wondering if we can read the same dataset from a different job which is using a config file ( may be less or may be more number of nodes)."

It is perfectly valid to read a dataset created on X nodes by a job that is running on a different number of nodes. That's what I was "yes'ing". :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers