C compiler problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

C compiler problem

Post by Nagin »

I am trying to develop a Parallel routine and I have this simple C program I tried to compile outside of datastage to make sure that it is working before I link it.
Now, when I compile the program through putty it is saying CC not found but when I tried the exact same command on telnet it is working fine. I know that this is not related to datastage but I was hoping some one who worked on a parallel routine might have faced a similar issue and would be able to help me with it. Thanks in advance for you help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:?:
PuTTY is a telnet client.

What's your difference between "compile through PuTTY" and "compile through telnet"?

Most "not found" error messages relate to a problem with one of the search list environment variables, in your case probably PATH.

In turn this suggests to me that your two different (?) connection modalities are executing different startup scripts.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote::?:
PuTTY is a telnet client.

What's your difference between "compile through PuTTY" and "compile through telnet"?

Most "not found" error messages relate to a problem with one of the search list environment variables, in your case probably PATH.

In turn this suggests to me that your two different (?) connection modalities are executing different startup scripts.
Is there a way to find out which start up script is running?