How to send email only the number of records processed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

How to send email only the number of records processed

Post by aladap12 »

Hi flokes

I have an issue..

In my job sequencer I am unsing email notification activity.
In this activity I have attached job repot and sending it mangers.
Now they are asking me to send me only part of the report like total records processed and total records missed instead of job report.

How can I achive this in datastage.

Thanks
VKR
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'd use a Routine activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAJARP
Participant

Post by RAJARP »

hi ,
I had this requirement once.i used a routine activity with 'DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT ' to achieve that.

Regards,
raja R p
aladap12
Participant

Thanks for the reply

Post by aladap12 »

Raja,

Thanks for the reply, could you please tell me little more detail,as i have to do this in my work. please help me out,

Thanks in Advance
vkr

RAJARP wrote:hi ,
I had this requirement once.i used a routine activity with 'DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT ' to achieve that.

Regards,
raja R p
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, you'll need to create a "report" with just specfically those two metrics. And one way to do that is by using the DSGetLinkInfo() function in a custom routine with the DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT InfoType to get the count of the records that went down the 'processed' link and the 'missed' link in a job... or you may need to compute what was 'missed' depending on what that means.

Read about that function in the online help and search for it here for examples of how people have used it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers