DataStage 7.5.2 ODBC Enterprise Stage Decimal Corruption Bug

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ultramundane
Participant

DataStage 7.5.2 ODBC Enterprise Stage Decimal Corruption Bug

Post by Ultramundane »

Hello,

We have found a bug in our AIX-DataStage 7.5.2 software. The usage of the ODBC Enterprise stage with Decimal datatypes and with Write Method = Upsert causes ALL decimal datatypes to become corrupt. That is, all decimal(scale, precision) datatypes are corrupted.

What happens when selecting Write Method = Upsert is that the stage strips of the rightmost digit (the worst case) of the scale. It is also strips off the two rightmost digits of the precision. Anyways, IBM has created a patch for this bug. E129600.

Hopefully this hasn't caused anyone else data problems.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is this specific to AIX?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

chulett wrote:Is this specific to AIX?
Not sure, but I knew that I better mention that we ran into this on specifically with 7.5.2 and AIX. I think it should be easy for someone to validate. What was remarkable was that all other stages seemed to work correctly. Including, the DRDMS Stage with ODBC Data Source.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I guess I should have also asked - is this particular to any one data source? Say, like... DB2? :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers