rcp doesn't work correctly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sezerman
Participant

rcp doesn't work correctly

Post by sezerman »

i have a seq which orderly works 10 parallel jobs from oracle ES to DB2(by ODBC enterprise stage) with runtime column propagation.
it works when 2 or 5 records but the third job has 16000 records and it doesn't work.is this about rcp ? is there anything i have to check for this ?
Last edited by sezerman on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Re: rcp doesn't work

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

sezerman wrote: it works when 2 or 5 records but the third job has 16000 records and it doesn't work.
Define " doesn't work ".
sezerman
Participant

Post by sezerman »

never finishes.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You know the next question - define "never". And "finishes" while we're at it. How long did you give it before deciding it was never going to finish? What did the job look like at that point - were rows processing slowly, not at all, was it part way thru when you stopped it or had it processed everything but not completed completed? What do you see?

I'd be surprised if this is related to RCP but there's absolutely no information to make any kind of informed decision so who knows.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For that matter, what do you believe RCP is supposed to do?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Jobs that write to a database and never finish usually (don't) do so because of database locks or deadlocks.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Run the target in sequential mode.
sezerman
Participant

Post by sezerman »

sequential works.thanks.but i have another problem now.the other job has a date column.DS gives meta-data for oracle stage 'timestamp' for date columns.what can i do when using rcp for this matter ? the error message : No default type conversion from type "timestamp" to type "date". (source and target both date)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just as in the first post, this has nothing to do with rcp. You will need to define a transformation (either in a transform or modify stage) where you tell the job how to convert your timestamp to a date.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Use the StringtoDate function. It works fine.
But as ArndW said this is not related to RCP issue

Regards
Sreeni
sezerman
Participant

Post by sezerman »

[quote="Sreenivasulu"]Use the StringtoDate function. It works fine.
But as ArndW said this is not related to RCP issue

Regards
Sreeni[/quote]

i don't give table definition to ds because i use rcp.while using rcp,can i use a function to transform a column ???. isn't it related with rcp _?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your original subject/problem was not related to rcp. Your second (new) topic in this thread was related to rcp and was answered, even though it is better to keep only one topic per thread.