identify

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

identify

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

How will we identify whether the source files are properly loaded,before importing the files into the stages.
thanks
sunitha
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The question sounds very much like an interview question. Perhaps it was the way it the question was formulated. Also, once you actually implement a sequential file stage in a test job the answer becomes evident.
Would it be possible to ask the question in a different way?
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

You are right but how could we identify
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Sunitha_cts,

Can you please avoid posting your interview questions and expecting answers on this forum as it undermines the experience and knowledge people gained from hours of hard work.

Personally I have seen people who promise too much in the interview, chat up for some time after joining but then fail when it comes to delivery.

Instead they just try to act smart by gathering knowledge from others during their work also.

So please invest your time in learning and use your own knowledge in answering the questions.

Let the job be for your knowledge rather than of others.
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi Sainath,

I could not get answers to these questions that's the reason i posted ,unnecessarily i don't want to waste your precious time.

Thanks
Sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Returning to the original question, the first problem is knowing what "properly loaded" means. Come up with a definition of that, and you will almost certainly, as a by-product, come up with a means of verifying that it has occurred. Converting that means into DataStage componentry is where your developer knowledge and skills kick in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.