Reading special characters from DB2 loading in Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adis
Participant

Reading special characters from DB2 loading in Oracle

Post by adis »

Hi,
I encountring a problem while reading special charachters like trademark sign, registered signs, and other special signs stored in DB2 database. When quried from DB2 database and loaded into Oracle database, the characters are translated into junk characters, like inverted question marks etc.
Is there any function available within datastage to translate special charachters as it is from DB2 to Oracle database. Data is not available in flat files its stored in DB2 tables.

Thanks!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you keep the same character set throughout there will be no problem with such characters.

1. What is the encoding used in your DB2 table? Have you told that to DataStage?
2. What is the encoding used in your Oracle table? Have you specified this in DataStage as well?

When you fix #1 and #2 your data will be successfully transferred.
adis
Participant

Post by adis »

ArndW wrote:If you keep the same character set throughout there will be no problem with such characters.

1. What is the encoding used in your DB2 table? Have you told that to DataStage?
2. What is the encoding used in your Oracle table? Have you specified this in DataStage as well?

Thanks for your quick Reply. I will check that.
adis
Participant

Post by adis »

ArndW wrote:If you keep the same character set throughout there will be no problem with such characters.

Thanks for your quick Reply. I will check that.