looping and restartability

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lindatgeorge
Participant

Post by lindatgeorge »

Even I am having list loop with parameters:( Loop will be executed as many times as the number of parameters provided.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Somewhat moot at this point as I still think you need to ask support, but it would have been nice to get all relevant details up front rather than this one at a time pulling teeth approach we're taking.

So, where do your parameter values come from? Since there is (apparently) nothing feeding the Start Loop, I'm guessing as a job parameter?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

It works just fine in 8.0.1 hence can't say if it is related to any known bug in this version.

where is the warning - outer loop or inner loop?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Show us the precise properties of the StartLoop activities.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lindatgeorge
Participant

Post by lindatgeorge »

The start loop is having list loop with a parameter. That parameter is comma separated. So the parameter will look like p1,p2,p3. Output of the start loop is connected to a restartable sequence. The sequence has one job activity and a routine activity. The output of the sequence has 2 links, one to a terminator to abort the outer sequence on the inner sequence failure. The other link connects to the end loop on successful completion of the inner sequence ,and the inner sequence starts running for the next parameter

Please let me know if you need any more info on the properties..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was the Terminator executed? (There will be an entry in the job log.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.