Dropping component "X" because of a prior componen

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dropping component "X" because of a prior componen

Post by bobyon »

This one has been asked and answered many times but I'm still stuck.

Getting error:

Code: Select all

lkp_onCUSId: When checking operator: On output data set 0: Dropping component "ADR_NBR" because of a prior component with the same name.
primary link into lookup is from a seq file. Lookup link is from Teradata table. Output is to a funnel and reject is to a 2nd lookup stage.

primary link field names are all prefixed with IB_ (i.e. IB_ADR_NBR)
only one field coming from TD table is CUS_ID
Condition is IB_CUS_ID = CUS_ID
all input fields from seq file are sent to output where names are changed to same as input fields minus the IB_ prefix.

Stage conditions are Condition not met= fail; Lookup Failure= reject

Purpose of lookup is merely to identify if input record exists in table. If so, continue, otherwise match CUS_ID to 2nd field (in subsequent lookup)

RCP is off at the project level
Preserve partitioning is set to clear in all stages in this job. (getting desparate)

Names of fields on input into 2nd lookup are same as those on input to first link. Because they are from reject link of first lookup I don't seem to be able to change those names.

The above error is issued for every field in the output link except for CUS_ID which was used in the lookup condition and 2 others. Those other 2 fields have check marks in the KEY box in the seq file stage output columns tab, but others do also. Only these two do not get error.

What am I missing?
Bob
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Is there anything special about the lookup (is it sparse etc)?

Also (please forgive my ignorance as I haven't used the teradata stage before) but is the SQL select a user defined or a table select?
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Nothing special about the lookup. Just a normal boring table select.
Bob
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

The only reason I asked was, I remember a problem with Oracle stages where the RCP would turn on all the time even after you turned it off, thought it could be happening with Teradata also. But if you have it switched off at the project level, then this would prove difficult.
Last edited by ShaneMuir on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

This looks like a problem with your reject link. Why dont you output everything from your lookup into a transformer and handle your exceptions there?
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

asorrell wrote:Anytime you have a join or a lookup the operator tries to take every field on both incoming links to the outflow link. In the event that a field is named the same on both links, you get this warning and one gets dropped. The only exception to that is the keys used for joins (which if you remember must be named identically) in which it automatically drops one of the fields because it knows they must have matched (ie: identical) for the row to be in the outflow link.
Hey Andy,

I have a join stage (full-outer join) with two input and an output link. Since the non-key columns had the same name on both the links, I prefixed all the columns on the right link with an R. I dont have any other columns and RCP is turned off and I am mapping all the columns as they are to the output. But I am still getting the warnings for 4 of the 10 non-key columns in the left link are dropped due to prior components.
Can there be anyother reason for this warning?

Thanks,
Madhumitha
Thanks,
Madhumitha