Evaluate value of a parameter in a parameter set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shankar_ramanath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Evaluate value of a parameter in a parameter set

Post by shankar_ramanath »

Here is the situation

I have a parameter set. Let us say, psA

There is one parameter defined in this parameter. Let us say, firstParamA which has a value of "ABC"

I have another parameter set psB which has one parameter firstParamB from which I need to get the value of "ABC"

If I define psB.firstParamB = psA.firstParamA, the value passed is psA.firstParamA whereas I need the value defined for psA.firstParamA.

In other words, I need the equivalent of an eval function such that I could do define

psB.firstParamB = eval(psA.firstParamA) so that at run-time psA.firstParamA gets evaluated/interpreted and provides the value of "ABC"

Is this possible?

Many thanks,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Short answer? No.

Slightly longer answer... there's no ability to do the multiple levels of resolution (your 'eval') that you are looking for.

Not saying that there is no workaround of any kind, but nothing is popping into my head at the moment so just answering the question as asked.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

I dont think that you can assign one parameter to another parameter . But still there is a way to edit value files from back end .please correct me if i ma wrong
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's the values files that form part of the Parameter Set. But even so it has to be done prior to use. The only solution of which I am aware is to use a hierarchy of sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.