partition symbols

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reachmexyz
Premium Member
Premium Member

partition symbols

Post by reachmexyz »

Hello all

when i use the same partition for any stage in my job, same symbol is not showing up. There is no symbol on the link.
How can i get the symbols back.
relati
Participant

Re: partition symbols

Post by relati »

Is this the only symbol that is not showing up OR none of the symbols are showing up?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure you have "Show link marking" enabled under the Diagram toolbar option... which is where 'relati' was going. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
reachmexyz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by reachmexyz »

chulett wrote:Make sure you have "Show link marking" enabled under the Diagram toolbar option... which is where 'relati' was going. :wink:
I have checked the toolbar option. it is set.

If i have all the stages partitioning as "same", no symbol is showing up on the links. But if i have one stage partition as Hash and other as same,
then both the partition symbols are visible. Only when all the stages has same partition, nothing is visible.
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

I think you will not see the Partition symbol in this case. I tried the following.

case1)
RowGenStage---->Transformer----->ODBCStage

in this case the partition for the transformer is "same" and the partition for ODBC is also set to same. I didnt see any partition flag (Link Mark) in the link.

Case2)

RowGenStage---->Transformer----->ODBCStage

in this case the partition for the transformer is "Hash" and the partition for ODBC is set to "same". In this case you will see the partition flags in the link.
Thanks
Karthick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No partition symbol is shown if stages on both ends of the link execute in sequential mode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.