user defined query error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Raja and others, Just wanted to keep everyone updated. This issue is resolved at our site after installing the patch from IBM.

The issue is... "Character buffer size" was too small and the patch increases the buffer size to hold long long SQLs.
Kandy
Charter Member

Post by shareeman »

Hello there,
Please can you divulge the Patch details for the Character Buffer issue so i can pursue this with IBM.
I need the Patch ID and/or APAR ID, basically as much information as possible for me to be able to get IBM to send us the same patch asap.

As you can tell, we are having the exact same problem and it ain't pretty!

Many Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's urgent get your official support provider to earn some of the money you are paying them. No-one here is guaranteed to answer quickly - they may be in a different time zone from you, and asleep. Basically we on DSXchange are all volunteers and cannot do "asap".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shareeman
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by shareeman »

Ray
I didn't mean for the poster to respond asap, I just wanted more pertinent info which i could then take to IBM and get them to respond asap.

IBM are already aware of this issue (3 days and counting..) and are faffing about giving me elliptical comments about why this problem occurs.

I appreciate the volunteering aspect, of course i do. I ain't daft.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'faffing about giving me elliptical comments'... me likey. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

kandyshandy wrote:Raja and others, Just wanted to keep everyone updated. This issue is resolved at our site after installing the patch from IBM.

The issue is... "Character buffer size" was too small and the patch increases the buffer size to hold long long SQLs.
Are you using one of the new connector stages for Oracle or the Oracle Ent Stage? We are using Teradata Connector but have encountered some issues that are related to the connectors themselves and not directly to the database they support. Just wondering if there is any chance your issue is like that.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
shareeman
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by shareeman »

We are using the Oracle Enterprise Stage. No Connectors involved.
It has a default size limit on the Multiline editor of 32/64K. This was remedied by applying a patch provided by IBM.