normalization

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

normalization

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

How can we implement normalization in our jobs.
Thanks
Sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That question is too vague.

One way would be to construct a server shared container containing a UniVerse stage or Hashed File stage and use the intrinsic dynamic normalization capability of that stage type.

Another way would be to use the Complex Flat File stage. This has the ability to handle OCCURS (repeating groups) in a number of ways, including generating multiple rows (normalization).

You could probably also do something with Promote Subrecord stage; though I haven't investigated this stage type very much.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

HI,

in parallel jobs

Thanks
sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, that's how I answered.

(Actually I think the blocking operation in the server shared container might not be permitted. But everything else I suggested, including the use of server shared container, is perfectly legal for parallel jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.