Which DB used for ORCH_WORK table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Which DB used for ORCH_WORK table

Post by bobyon »

How does DS determine where (which db) to create the ORCH_WORK.... table?

Code: Select all

NADRMetrics: TeraUtils:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3524,  Message = The user does not have CREATE TABLE access to database Lowes_VM 

NADRMetrics: TeraUtils:ExecuteImmediate failed for 'CREATE TABLE ORCH_WORK_551d7bae AS ( SELECT * FROM  lowes_hold.TableName.....      Error Code = 3524
I can find no reference to Lowes_VM in the job, nor the project env vars? The table I am updating is in a different Db. Lowes_VM contains only views and thus nothing but read access permitted there.
Bob
jcthornton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jcthornton »

The work table would is generally created in the default database assigned to the user that is being used to connect.

It looks like you are using TeraData. From what I can gather from a quick google search, it is up to the DBA to set the default database when the user is created.
Jack Thornton
----------------
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation - Robert H. Schuller
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

That is exactly what is going on. The default db for this Id is lowes_vm. Is it possible to direct ORCH_WORK to a different db?
Bob
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Yes it is. Use WORKDB=<Database> as an Additional Connection Options. It is a property available within the Properties tab of the Teradata Enterprise Stage within the DB Options Mode property.
Here's what we use. I know of no other options available but would love to learn of more if anyone knows of any.
RequestedSessions=#$RequestedSessions#,SessionsPerPlayer=#$SessionsPerPlayer#,
WORKDB=#$WORKDB#,SLEEP=#$SLEEP#,TENACITY=#$TENACITY#,SYNCTIMEOUT=#$SYNCTIMEOUT#
joeyfan
Participant

Where do we specify WORKDB in DataStage 8.1?

Post by joeyfan »

We have successfully used the WORKDB variable in our Teradata Enterprise stages. Now we are starting to use the new Teradata Connector stage in DataStage 8.1 (Fix Pack 1) but I do not see where we can specify WORKDB.

Does anyone know where we can specify WORKDB in the Teradata Connector stage?
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

We are currently specifying this under DB options in the TD EE stage: user=#TRG_DB_USERID#,password='#TRG_DB_PASS#',SessionsPerPlayer=1,RequestedSessions=5,WORKDB=#TRG_DB_NAME#
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.