DataStage Director view log Unable to see

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasudev_koti
Participant

DataStage Director view log Unable to see

Post by vasudev_koti »

HI
In my project for a simple job completed sucessfully with with green color in DataStage designer But for the same job Unable to see director log even I set APT_CONFIG_FILE and APT_DUMP_SCORE true but no use still not showing any job warnings or DataStage config information when I see view job log, But in director its appearing completed sucesffully and not able to see log its empty and nothing.I have checked with all radio buttons related to system date and other previous date but no use can any one guide its related to any project level setup what are ur suggestion?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Does the word "Filtered" appear in the Director's status bar?

Use Ctrl-T to open the Filter dialog.

And please use professional English on DSXchange. The second person possessive pronoun in English is spelled "your", not "ur". Being correct will make life easier for those whose first language is not English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi,

Make a copy of the job and then copile and run
This is a workareound but not a solution

Regards
Sreeni
goffinw
Participant

Re: DataStage Director view log Unable to see

Post by goffinw »

I have exactly the same problem on my new environment, which is IS V8.1 on WindowsXP.
The Director filter is disabled; The word 'filtered' doesn't appear at the bottom of the window. The field there just sais '0 entries'.
I created 3 jobs and non of them create messages.
Does anyone have more ideas?
Could it be that I need to install the latest fixpack?

Thanks,
Wim
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Hope it is not a multi-instance job and you seeing a different instance whose log has been cleared.

Try calling this job from a sequencer and see the 'related log' from the sequencer log.

goffinw
Participant

Post by goffinw »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Hope it is not a multi-instance job and you seeing a different instance whose log has been cleared. Try calling this job from a sequencer and see the 'related log' from the sequencer log. Log in ...
Indeed, this is not a multi-instance job. I created a sequence which only has one 'Job Activity', which is to call my Parallel job. This sequence is not multiple-instance either. And this sequence, like all my 4 jobs in this project don't have any messages in the director.
I copied all jobs to a different project on the same server. No change.
Does there exist a DataStage log file in which a problem like the one might be logged?

Thanks again,
Wim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, I'm assuming the jobs are running but not logging where you expect them to. Check this post and see if it helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
goffinw
Participant

Post by goffinw »

chulett wrote:So, I'm assuming the jobs are running but not logging where you expect them to. Check this post and see if it helps. ...
Yes indeed, this was the answer to my problem. Hope this is useful for vasudev_koti as well. Now I can start reading in the manuals what these two parameters are really about, why they were set as they were and why they are not modifyable through the administrator and only using an editor... But that's no question for this forum.

Thanks,
Wim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They can be edited in the Administrator client by a user who is credentialled as a DataStage Administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.