Update Environemt Variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Best if you posted your error and details rather than saying it is "the same" as someone else's which really doesn't help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

Sorry...i meant that i am still getting the below run time error:

Transformer_40: Failed to load the library "V0S40_skey_Transformer_40.so"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S40_skey_Transformer_40": ld.so.1: osh: fatal: relocation error: file /app/IBM/InformationServer801/Server/Projects/CBMSYNC_DEV/RT_BP191.O/V0S40_skey_Transformer_40.so: symbol DSOpenProjectEx: referenced symbol not found.
i have placed the object file under $DSHOME/user_lib/.
i am working on a solaris server. Do i need to create a shared object(.so) file at all ?

Would appreciate any help.
Rgds,
MB
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please start with a trivial program first and get that running in a test job. This will make your debugging much simpler.
Your error might point to a simple entrypoint name problem due to incorrect linking in the object. As I recommended earlier:
- declare it as an object
- declare it with 3 arguments of char*
- declare it with a char* return type
- declare it with "external subroutine name" of "UpdateEnv"
- make sure the library path goes all the way to the UpdateEnv.o