Find the Number of jobs in UNIX Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j12
Participant

Find the Number of jobs in UNIX Server

Post by kumar_j12 »

How to find the number of datastage jobs in a project and the size it occupied .

Is this related with DS_JOBOBJECTS.It contians the 2 parts OVER.30 & DATA.30 under the PROJECT File system

DATA.30 is the occupied size and the OVER.30 is available size.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DS_JOBS from administrator gives the total number of job size

Is my Guess is the right one.

I need to know the size of each job it occupied in UNIX Server
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Number of jobs we can find with dsjob -ljobs command ( It includes the sequences also ) .But , i am not so sure about the size it occupies .I think whern you create a job , it will store information about that job in multiple repository tables .So , its difficult to find it out . Please correct me if i am wrong .
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That size isn't stored anywhere, you could need to add up all of the file sizes in the RT_XXXnnn directories which have the same 'nnn' job number value.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
LNarayan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Find the Number of jobs in UNIX Server

Post by LNarayan »

As far I know there is no measure to identify the size of DS job but all that you can identify is to find out the space occupied by the job in the project directory by executing the below command.

execute du -h <directory> in the project path would give you the size of the directory in MB.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

As Craig noted, the job information is distributed across multiple objects.

Also the size of log file will vary depending on number of runs, warnings etc.

Maybe you can count the stages in the job to determine its size - logically speaking !!