APT_CombinedOperatorController,0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monaz
Participant

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0

Post by monaz »

Hi All,

My requriement is extracting the dataset records from the previous job and in the existing job i am reading the dataset and loading in the sequential file

Dataset--->Transformer---.seq uential file

The job is aborting by below fatal

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Caught unknown exception from runLocally().
Operator's runLocally() failed.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk

Can anyone guide me on this,.

what's the reason for getting such kind of fatal and what i need to look into to fix this
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your first step is to set APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true so that you can find out which stage is causing the error. You also need to look into your log file and find the real error message, the one you posted doesn't specify exactly what the error was.
monaz
Participant

Post by monaz »

ArndW wrote:Your first step is to set APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true so that you can find out which stage is causing the error. You also need to look into your log file and find the real error message, the one y ...
Thank you so much appreciate your quick response.

I find that it was transformer problem and now still the job is aborting with the below fatal.

XfmRoutineCall,0: Caught unknown exception from runLocally().
Operator's runLocally() failed.
XfmRoutineCall,0: Input 0 consumed 31685 records.
Output 0 produced 31684 records.

XfmRoutineCall,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk

Please suggest me how to proceed further
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There should be other error messages in the log that detail the cause; this message doesn't help much. Does the data contain more than 31685 records? Notice that one less output than input rows came in - if you have no constraints in the transform stage then something in the data caused the abort. Often null handling or invalid data conversions can cause this kind of problem.
monaz
Participant

Post by monaz »

ArndW wrote:There should be other error messages in the log that detail the cause; this message doesn't help much. Does the data contain more than 31685 records? Notice that one less output than input rows came i ...
Thanks for your reponse..

Can you please guide me what could have gone wrong from myend..

I am not able to see any more log on this
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please cut-and-paste the messages in the log before and after the error. Also, how many rows should the data contain? Is something different in row 31685 - i.e. a null value?