RCP does not work with the Stored Procedure Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

RCP does not work with the Stored Procedure Stage

Post by michaeld »

Hi,

Has anybody been able to get RCP working with the stored procedure stage? It doesn't have an RCP checkbox like every other stage, and when I tried to run the job then all the columns that were expected to move through RCP were dropped. There is no mention of RCP in the Connectivity Guide for Stored Procedures
[/b]
Mike
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't recall the Stored Procedure stage having any kind of 'pass thru' capabilities. Input columns get mapped into the proc and output is strictly driven by the proc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

it does allow you to pass through columns that are not part of the SP's output, but you have to explicitly define them.... no RCP. I'm trying to make a shared container utilizing it, but I'll have to take another approach.
Mike
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Stored procedure does not have RCP capabilities. A SP call is independent and invokes a new session in itself

Regards
Sreeni
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Stored procedure does not have RCP capabilities. A SP call is independent and invokes a new session in itself

Regards
Sreeni
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

Well then a thumbs down to the SP stage. They should make a connector stage that allows you to execute SP as a transformation.
Mike