Need help on parallel routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need help on parallel routines

Post by mdbatra »

Hi All,
i am trying to complie a C++ program to link it to parallel routine. But, there is some problem with the compilation . In administrator, i have:

APT_COMPILER: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
APT_COMPILEROPT: -dalign -O -PIC -librar=iostream -c

i am giving the following command for compliling

<APT_COMPILER> <APT_COMPLIEROPT> test.cpp

It creates a ".o" file but gives some error & hence i am not able to execute the program after compilation.

Can anybody help on this please ?
Rgds,
MB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't you mean "some" body? Because "some" body is more likely to be able to resolve "some" error.

"Some error" is impossible to diagnose. Supply the actual error text and you are more likely to receive cogent responses.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

So you entered the UNIX command "/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -dalign -O -PIC -librar=iostream -c test.cpp" and created a object file. The object file needs to be linked and then it can be bound into a job and exectued.
sharma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sharma »

I am unable to create the object file. I mean i am not even able to compile my code in UNIX using
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -dalign -O -PIC -librar=iostream -c test.cpp
command.

its giving me error:

bash-3.00$ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -dalign -O -PIC -librar=iostream -c myhelloworld.cpp
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 6: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/osh_name.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 7: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/coperator.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 9: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/step.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 10: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/adapter.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 11: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/schema.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 12: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/fieldsel.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 13: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/cursor.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 14: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/accessor.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 15: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/interface.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 16: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/record.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 17: Error: Could not open include file<apt_framework/dataset.h>.
"myhelloworld.cpp", line 18: Error: Could not open include file<apt_util/errlog.h>.

I included the file correctly but still i am getting this errror.
Do i need to set any variables in unix??
Nirmal Sharma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do your #include declarations include full pathnames? If not, are the include files findable?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

i provided full path for the include statement & it worked.
Thanks !!!
Rgds,
MB
somesh2suma
Participant

what will be the full path for include statement....

Post by somesh2suma »

mdbatra,

Hey please let me know what is the full path for include statement... even i am facing the same problem.
somesh2dsx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is an impossible question for anyone not at your site to answer, which a moment's thought will verify.

The solution involves providing the full pathname, rather than just an entryname, for a file referred to in a #INCLUDE directive.