Need information on Grid Environment in version 8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

I wanted to know what precautions we need to take care while developing the jobs in Grid environment.

Any information on how it differs Grid Environment and Normal Environment in development of jobs.

Regards
Sridhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No particular precautions, though you do have to grid-enable your jobs (more environment variables) and include an extra Execute Command activity in job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reply.

Any specific reason why do we need to use extra Execute Command activity in job sequences and more environment variables in Grid environment.

Thanks
Sridhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically the jobs and sequences have to be "grid enabled" so that they can use a dynamically-generated configuration file rather than the static one specified by the value of $APT_CONFIG_FILE.
There are a couple more minor reasons, but that's the main one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.