Comparing Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Comparing Jobs

Post by pravin1581 »

Hi All,

Is there a way of comaparing jobs if we import the jobs from suppose dev environment to Prod environment, Informtica 8 gives that option, is there something equivalent in DataStage 8.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. If you right click on the job name you will get a menu from which you can choose a Compare tool and compare against another job.

This is new functionality in version 8.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes. If you right click on the job name you will get a menu from which you can choose a Compare tool and compare against another job.

This is new functionality in version 8.
Thanks for the reply. Will it compare against another job or the same job but in the different project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're on version 8. My current client isn't. You research it and post your findings.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Spent few hours on comparing many jobs on version 8 the other day and since I referred to this post before it, I thought of adding something here for the sake of the others.

Comparison of the jobs is very much possible within and across different projects (even on different servers). It takes a bit of time but it is an amazing feature to have. It gives you a list of the differences, if there are any, in a very clear textual format.

Regards,

Novak
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

diffapicmdline.exe is the command line option for the same if you want to automate it in a batch script.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the client menu, it's "Cross Project compare".