More jobs through Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

More jobs through Sequencer

Post by devanars »

Can i run 4 jobs at a time by using Sequencer.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Yes you can run 4 jobs at a time from a sequence .In that sequence , give 4 unconnected job activities .when you run the sequence , it will run all the 4 jobs parallely
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not run any jobs through a Sequencer.

As nagarjuna notes, you can run as many jobs as you like (given sufficient server resources) through a Sequence.

A Sequencer is a component in a Sequence that makes a decision about whether any or all of its inputs have been triggered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Also known as a Sequence Conditioner, correct?

Often used for controlling "action(s)" following failed job activities. (Thanks to Andy for teaching me this one) :D
Bob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Never heard it called that, are you perhaps thinking of the Nested Condition stage? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

chulett wrote:Never heard it called that, are you perhaps thinking of the Nested Condition stage? :?
No, that is different than what I was referring to. What I am referring to is labelled "Sequencer" in the pallette. When placed on the canvas it gets a default stage name like Sequencer_##. But, when the stage is opened, at the top of the window the title bar says Sequencer_## Sequencer Condition.

I like the longer name as it seems a little more descriptive of its purpose and reduces confusion with the aforementioned Sequence, which I think is where we started. :wink:

You had me worried though. I had to check when I first arrived at the office this morning to be sure.
Bob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting... never noticed that in the stage title, and all of the documentation simply references the "Sequencer" stage. I'm guessing the "condition" may be specific to the internal setting - All or Any - but it doesn't really matter in the Grand Scheme of Things. Now we'll know what you mean when you say that. :wink:

We generally know when someone means "Sequence" (as in Job Sequence or Sequence job) when they say "Sequencer" but you'll always get a visit from Ray when you do that. Attention to detail! :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers