SCD stage not working in 8.1 for windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

SCD stage not working in 8.1 for windows

Post by michaeld »

The SCD stage works in 8.01, but not in 8.1.

I get this error message:

scd_SCD2: Error when checking operator: Caught unknown exception during wrapDescribeOperator().

scd_SCD2: Error when checking operator: setInputInterfaceSchema() was not called by describeOperator() for input: 1.
Error when checking operator: setInputInterfaceSchema() was not called by describeOperator() for input: 2.

My inputs are data sets. My outputs are Peek stages. There are no other stages in the design. I followed everything in the IBM redbook. The exact same job (exported) runs in version 8.01.

Has anybody gotten it to work in DS 8.1 (windows)?
Is there a fix/patch for DS 8.1?
Mike
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm currently working with 8.1 on Windows and getting the same error when trying to do a range lookup.
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

no I never figured it out. We decided to drop the SCD stage and stick with a traditional design for SCD.... (because of the bugs and because it's not as good as I thought it would be) maybe they'll make a better version in the future.
Mike
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

The report I got back from IBM is that it is a compiler issue... we were using VC++ 2008 which is unsupported... how genuine a resolution it is I don't know but we don't get the same error now we have moved in to our Unix environment.
le thuong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by le thuong »

Kryt0n wrote:The report I got back from IBM is that it is a compiler issue... we were using VC++ 2008 which is unsupported... how genuine a resolution it is I don't know but we don't get the same error now we have moved in to our Unix environment.
Hi,

I get the same error messages when trying SCD Type 1 (Datastage V8.1 on Windows Server 2003).
Thuong

best regards
Souji
Participant

Post by Souji »

I implemented SCD Stage, got lot of errors. Finally we got patch from IBM. Looks like problem is solved

Thanks
Soumya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Presumably you're also using the supported C++ compiler for your platform. It does matter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.