Question on DataStage 7.5.3...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Question on DataStage 7.5.3...

Post by kaps »

Couple of questions on 7.5.3 as we are planning to Migrate to that from Server 7.5.2

1. Can we use any RDBMS as a underlying repository database like EE 8.0 or Is it still Universe database ? I read one of Vincent's post in which 7.5.3 is equal to 8.0.1 which got me confused.

2. Is Version control still available in 7.5.3 as I know it was taken out on 8.0

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

7.5.3 is just a 'maintenance' release and so is mostly just a collection of patches. Nothing changes with the repository or Version Control... you'd need to actually upgrade to 8.x to feel those pains. :wink:

I would guess that Vincent meant the patch level of the Server engine in 8.0.1 is equivalent to patch level of the 7.5.3 version - i.e. they are basically identical releases.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Craig - Thanks for the reply. That means Version Control is also available...Correct ?

This is the actual link talks about it.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/infosphere/ ... tage-22837

I have also given the points which talks about it below...
This release is a bit like Star Wars the Phantom Menace as it's a prequel to a product that's already been released. DataStage 7.5.3 is a prequel to DataStage 8 and that was released in 2006. It's for customers who are not ready to go to 8 yet but want a more stable version of 7.

DataStage version 8 introduced the IBM Information Server concept where DataStage was installed with a Metadata Server and a DB2 or Oracle or SQL Server repository and metadata services running on an Application Server. Previous versions of DataStage were installed standalone with an embedded Universe database engine for the repository and very little else required.
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, Version Control is still alive and well in 7.5.3.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers