Uninstall Information Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Uninstall Information Server

Post by roblew »

OK, I made a mistake on on our lab server when trying to re-install Information Server v8.1. I forgot to run the actual uninstall script first before removing/deleting the application directories (IBM/InformationServer, IBM/WebSphere).

So now when I run the install script, it says that an installation already exists. Is there somewhere that I need to cleanup on the server so that it doesn't still think it's installed somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

we're on RedHat EL4
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is there any way you can look at the script itself for that message and see if you can tell what bits it is checking for?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Rob,
I had the similar problem before for 8.0.1 version. I was instructed by the tech. support just delete everything after the IBM directory from the following:
./root/InstallShield/Universal/IBM/InformationServer/Gen2/_vpddb/vpd.script.

Are you installing IIS 8.1 Linux 32 bit on RHEL AS 4 64-bit?
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

lstsaur wrote:Rob,
I had the similar problem before for 8.0.1 version. I was instructed by the tech. support just delete everything after the IBM directory from the following:
./root/InstallShield/Universal/IBM/InformationServer/Gen2/_vpddb/vpd.script.

Are you installing IIS 8.1 Linux 32 bit on RHEL AS 4 64-bit?
ok, I'll try that. This lab server has 32-bit RHEL AS4.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

ah ha! removing everything under /root/InstallShield/Universal/IBM worked for me! Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Now... to figure out the WAS part... Any ideas here? It says "A previous installation of WebSphere Application Server was not removed completely. See the WebSphere Application Server documentation for instructions on manually removing WebSphere Application Server from your computer."

Yes, I will do what it says... but I'm looking for a shortcut if anyone knows off the top of their head. :oops:
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

If anyone is looking for it, here are the instructions to completely uninstall all Information Server components, including WAS:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... _unix.html

Here are the instructions for uninstalling specifically WAS on a Linux environment:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... Linux.html

thanks all for the help. :D
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

From the /IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin directory, run the wasprofile.sh to delete the profile; then delete the profiles directory.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

lstsaur wrote:From the /IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin directory, run the wasprofile.sh to delete the profile; then delete the profiles directory.
thanks, but by this time I had already deleted that script and parent directories. By following the instructions in the above IBM sites, I was able to re-install successfully.