All jobs used in a JOB sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

All jobs used in a JOB sequencer

Post by devsonali »

Hi DS gurus

I want to know if there is a way to find the list of all the underlying jobs that a sequencer is using irrespective of the way it is designed?
(For example Job properties in Batch jobs list every job taht the batch job is calling )

Is there a way to find this ?Please let me know?
Thanks
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

Just to let you know I did try to search with key words Job Sequencer but could not find any related answers on this .
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Please note that its not a job sequencer .Its job sequence .

You can find list of jobs that are being called in a sequence in log .In sequence log , you will have summary .
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... with your 'irrespective' comment do you mean other than relying on what is in the Dependencies tab and using the 'dssearch' command?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

Appreciate that !

True , but right now the job i am trouble shooting is aborted and the logs are gone (purged) , I was just wondering if there was an easy way to find what jobs this seq is calling (as there are tens of jobs in the main sequence ) and if not my other option would be to go into the job and check each job that is being used
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

My Mistake , Yup I didnot check the dependency tab at all ...Ahh sorry I hate my self when I do not look at tabs before asking .

Thanks all of you
ddevdutt
Participant

Post by ddevdutt »

You can also get that information if you generate a report in Designer for the Job Sequence.
devsonali wrote:Appreciate that !

True , but right now the job i am trouble shooting is aborted and the logs are gone (purged) , I was just wondering if there was an easy way to find what jobs this seq is calling (as there are tens of jobs in the main sequence ) and if not my other option would be to go into the job and check each job that is being used
DD

Success is right around the corner