Meta Data Extended

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreedhar
Participant

Meta Data Extended

Post by Sreedhar »

I understand that my project admin as enabled the NLS in our project. So we are getting Unicode with in the metadata of the jobs. I would like to remove that from my metadata. I can do it manually but is there any automated way of getting rid of it.

Regards,
SM
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
dstage1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dstage1 »

Uncheck the box 'ensure all char fields to be unicode', while loading metadata into any stage.
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

Meta Data Extended

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Apart from unchecking the box 'ensure all char fields to be unicode', while loading metadata into any stage, you can also use a COPY stage and get rid of all those "UNICODES".
Regards
Ajay
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your inputs, they are really helpful.

My problem is that I am already done with 95 % of my coding. Now we have a requirement where I have remove the Unicode.

Yes I can take copy stage and remove the Unicode. But I need to populate them throughout the Job (and Jobs ). This involves more of manual work.

So was expecting there could be an automated way to do that.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Is the Unicode at the job level or at the stage level. Either way you should be able to save the records for a job. Change the value to off. Compare the records to the saved ones. If you know enough about Universe then this is a fairly simple process.

Once you figure out that lets say field 50 in the root record changes from a 1 to a 0 then write a BASIC program to change all your jobs. Make sure you backup first.
Mamu Kim
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Yes the Unicode is defined at Project level. My Problem is that I have done the development. I have no prob even if it is there (as Unicode) but just to avoid some warning in Jobs I want to get rid of it in a more efficient way rather then in a hard way of doing it as suggested.

I tried it by modifying .dsx but was of no use, not sure though I did it correct any thought on this.

I have replaced the UString to String in the .dsx file. For the metadata.
But when I re-imported the jobs on to datastage it just reappeared as UString.

Thanks for you replies.

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
kirannumb
Participant

Post by kirannumb »

Sreedhar wrote:Yes the Unicode is defined at Project level. My Problem is that I have done the development. I have no prob even if it is there (as Unicode) but just to avoid some warning in Jobs I want to get rid of it in a more efficient way rather then in a hard way of doing it as suggested.

I tried it by modifying .dsx but was of no use, not sure though I did it correct any thought on this.

I have replaced the UString to String in the .dsx file. For the metadata.
But when I re-imported the jobs on to datastage it just reappeared as UString.

Thanks for you replies.

Regards,
Hi Sreedhar,

I have the same requirement as of yours earlier. Did you get to know how to remove unicode without the manual work. I tried removing from the .dsx file but as you said when I am re-importing the job unicodes still exits in the metadata. Please let me know if you found a solution for this issue.

Thanks,
Kiran.
Kiran