after how many rows would a commit be issued?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

after how many rows would a commit be issued?

Post by zulfi123786 »

If i have set array size=20 and transaction size=13 after how many records would the insert commit?

if i have set array size=13 and transaction size=13 after how many records would the insert commit?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Array size really doesn't have anything to do with it. Transaction Size = number of rows to commit at a time in the database.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: after how many rows would a commit be issued?

Post by hsahay »

zulfi123786 wrote:If i have set array size=20 and transaction size=13 after how many records would the insert commit?

if i have set array size=13 and transaction size=13 after how many records would the insert commit?
Hi,

Can you please tell me how to set the transaction size in oracle enterprise stage? and also i have a doubt can these be set at environment level?

can we do this by selecting DBOptionsmode as Manual and arraysize along with username and password like

{user=#USER#,password=#PWD#}[,arraysize=10000]

Thanks
Last edited by hsahay on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search here for "APT_ORAUPSERT" and you'll find the two environment variables that control that for the OE stage.
-craig

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

chulett wrote:Search here for "APT_ORAUPSERT" and you'll find the two environment variables that control that for the OE stage.
Craig,

Thanks for the reply.

i found 2 environment variables APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL
APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_TIME_INTERVAL.

But these are for commit interval.please correct me if i am wrong.

I want to set thearray size means the number of rows rows should the oracle stage should pull from oracle database at one instant while reading from the database

Thanks
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Transaction Size is equivalent to the commit level, hence my answer. The Array Size is only applicable to the Upsert method and is an optional 'sub-property' of the Insert SQL property.
-craig

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

chulett wrote:Transaction Size is equivalent to the commit level, hence my answer. The Array Size is only applicable to the Upsert method and is an optional 'sub-property' of the Insert SQL property.
Thanks for the reply

I think my explanation of question has gone wrong.

My requirement is to set the number of records the oracle stage should fetch at one instance while reading records from the database. By increasing the size of this, we want to achieve the higher performance. we think that by increasing this number, we can reduce the number of cycles to database and hence can achive higher performance or higher number of records/second

The default array size is 1000 as per product manual. we want to increase this so that we can achive higher performance.

I want to set this at environment level.

Thanks
vishal
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

yes you can increase and try that option
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wanting to set something at the environment level and being able to do so are two different things. To the best of my knowledge there is no such APT variable and no way to override the Array Size when sourcing from the OE stage. Happy to be proven wrong, however.

As noted, you can when performing an Upsert on your target with the OE stage, or a Server job with the OCI stage will give you full control over it, reading or writing.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

nagarjuna wrote:yes you can increase and try that option
You know what the next question will be. If you are going to suggest something, best to also explain the 'how' of it while you're in there.
-craig