Cleanup resource error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cleanup resource error

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I would know about my job process id. when I enter into Datastage director and do the cleanup resource and click showall or show by job then I got following error

Error : Can't find any process numbers for stages in Job myjobs

But If I execute the following command in DS admin tool I am getting my job name with process id.

list.readu

Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks
Man
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Even I found that in 8.0 that when any jobs gets locked and if we try to clean up the resources it doesn't show the PID because it already unlocks it. If you wait for a while and open the job in designer, it will open fine.

Not sure if this is just an assumption.
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This IS an assumption, and suggests that you have the DataStage deadlock daemon running.

When a job has no processes, this typically means that the job process has been killed.

However, the job process (now defunct) still holds locks in the lock table, which is what you view with list_readu. You have to go through the appropriate process for clearing locks held by defunct processes.

DataStage deadlock daemon periodically clears locks held by defunct processes in the local repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, there is no error. Your processes no longer exist, which is why Cleanup Resources says what it does, but the internal locks associated with them still are there, hence the list.readu output.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers