Fatal Error: Accessor type does not match

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsex100
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fatal Error: Accessor type does not match

Post by dsex100 »

Hello,

I have 2 jobs.

The problem is with the 2nd job.

1st job: ODBC reads from oracle --> Modify stage KEEPs certain columns (all of which CANNOT contain any null values) --> creates a Data Set file successfully.

2nd job: reads from Data Set file created in 1st job --> ODBC writer to oracle database

I get this error:

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Accessor type "string" does not match interface field type "ustring[max=25]"

I noticed that the Unicode Extended was checked for 3 columns in the ODBC writer meta columns

so I unchecked all of them and got different warnings AND errors:

they are

WARNING
Data_Set_5: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "LAST_NAME" to field "LAST_NAME": Implicit conversion; from source type "ustring[max=25]" to result type "string[max=25]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1

WARNING
Data_Set_5: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "EMAIL" to field "EMAIL": Implicit conversion; from source type "ustring[max=25]" to result type "string[max=25]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1

WARNING
Data_Set_5: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "JOB_ID" to field "JOB_ID": Implicit conversion; from source type "ustring[max=10]" to result type "string[max=10]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1

FATAL
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of range.

FATAL
ODBC_Enterprise_19,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.

I have also tried combining on the ODBC writer stage only to get other errors.

Would anyone recommend putting a stage in between?

Is there something different in the Enterprise Edition that is different from the Server version that I'm overlooking here?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Almost everything in Enterprise Edition is different from Server Edition.

The alerts about transition from ustring to string result from your own actions - you have ustring columns in the Data Set.

Disable operator combination to find out which stage (operator) is generating the "numeric value out of range" message. I, for one, do not even bother to diagnose messages from APT_CombinedOperatorController.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsex100
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsex100 »

I found the unicode columns in the original odbc read stage .. they must have carried through even though other datastage stage didn't show them as being unicode

that got rid of those warnings

solved the numeric value out of range

connected odbc write stage --rejects link--> peek stage

changed Write method from Write to Upsert in odbc write stage and there were no errors.. (no rejects either)

I don't know why the write method causes an error and the upsert method doesn't..