List of all the datasets in a sequncer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

List of all the datasets in a sequncer

Post by neeraj »

Hello All,

I want to find the list of all the datasets used in a sequencer. Is there any routine or orch command which will provide me the details?

I don't want to create a .dsx file and then do the manual search.

Regards
Neeraj
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

Submit to IBM as what a metadata respository SHOULD do. So far the reporting capabilities of their new and improved V8 intergrated suite are woefully sad. :cry:
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

:lol:

That's not the sales pitch I was party to... along with Fasttrack and Bal Opt :wink:

Funny that...!
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 7 is pre-IBM so you're being a trifle unfair. The only available "solution" without an export in version 7 is a query against the Repository tables, particularly DS_JOBOBJECTS (and probably DS_JOBS for filtering by job type).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

Well it's probably easier to write a query against DS_JOBS/DS_JOBOBJECTS, but you have to find someone who knows the internal structures. I hadn't realized the original question was for V7. I worked with the whole set of tools last July on V8 and I posted a few opinions/questions. Conclusion - definitely not ready for prime time. So I think that's perfectly fair to IBM. Yeah, yeah I've heard they are getting much better in the next version. And none of us has ever heard that song before.

MetaStage was a great idea, but it never made it to prime time - it was incomplete and too much work. That is still the story with IBM's InfoSphere. Sorry to be such a sour puss, but I've never met anyone who could prove me wrong on this one. :x
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

Well it's probably easier to write a query against DS_JOBS/DS_JOBOBJECTS, but you have to find someone who knows the internal structures. I hadn't realized the original question was for V7. I worked with the whole set of tools last July on V8 and I posted a few opinions/questions. Conclusion - definitely not ready for prime time. So I think that's perfectly fair to IBM. Yeah, yeah I've heard they are getting much better in the next version. And none of us has ever heard that song before.

MetaStage was a great idea, but it never made it to prime time - it was incomplete and too much work. That is still the story with IBM's InfoSphere. Sorry to be such a sour puss, but I've never met anyone who could prove me wrong on this one. :x
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408