Getting error in Web Service Transformer Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naynesh parmar
Participant

Getting error in Web Service Transformer Stage

Post by naynesh parmar »

Hi All,
Greetings!!!
I and my teammate is working on one white paper to create a webservice job which queries google based on the inputs and store the result in DB2. We are referring http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/l ... 0703xiong/ for reference.
Job design is okay, but at the time of execution we are getting below errors.

Google_WST,0: Warning: WebServiceJob_06.Google_WST: ASCL-DSJNI-00001`:`TJStage::initialize: initializing Transformer for Java stage; resource path not found

Google_WST,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = java/lib/wsclient.jar
java/lib/axis.jar
java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
java/lib/commons-logging.jar
java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
java/lib/saaj.jar
java/lib/wsdl4j.jar

ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory java/jre\bin/classic, name jvm
The specified module could not be found.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Resource bundle corresponding to message key DSTAGE-TODC-00017 not found! Check that DSHOME or APT_RESPATH is set.

Google_WST,0: ??

Google_WST,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
WebServiceJob_06.#0.COL_Mapping.LNK_Read_Request-Input.LNK_Read_Request: ds_ipcopen() - call to
OpenFileMapping() failed - The system cannot find the file specified.
WebServiceJob_06(COL_Mapping).#0.COL_Mapping: |Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.|

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job WebServiceJob_06(COL_Mapping).#0.COL_Mapping
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Please guide us what settings we need to do with respect to environment variable or others. Moreover we are unable to find LIBPATH environment variable in Environment Tab.
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Getting error in Web Service Transformer Stage

Post by BillB »

Google_WST,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = java/lib/wsclient.jar
java/lib/axis.jar
java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
java/lib/commons-logging.jar
java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
java/lib/saaj.jar
java/lib/wsdl4j.jar
I had this problem recently and was able to resolve it by creating a DataStage environment variable
DSHOME=D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine
(change to suit your DSEngine folder location)
naynesh parmar
Participant

Re: Getting error in Web Service Transformer Stage

Post by naynesh parmar »

Hi BillB

We set the environement variable as you have instructed. Now number of errors have reduced, but still get stucked in one error. Please guide us in that. Error message is :

Code: Select all

Webservice_10..Web_Services_Transformer_8: com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.ServiceInvocationException: Service invocation exception: <ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
   <faultstring>java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address</faultstring>
   <detail>
    <ns1:stackTrace xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:336)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:201)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:188)
	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:428)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:335)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:150)
	at org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory.create(DefaultSocketFactory.java:129)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:157)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:114)
	at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
	at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1753)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.invoke(OperationCall.java:266)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callServiceInternal(WebService.java:1685)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1591)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1544)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wspack.Transformer.process(Transformer.java:104)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runStage(StageFactory.java:544)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runTransformer(StageFactory.java:361)
</ns1:stackTrace>
   </detail>
  </ns1:Fault>
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.handleRemoteException(OperationCall.java:369)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.invoke(OperationCall.java:274)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callServiceInternal(WebService.java:1685)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1591)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1544)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.wspack.Transformer.process(Transformer.java:104)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runStage(StageFactory.java:544)
	at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runTransformer(StageFactory.java:361)
Thank You
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address

Have you... checked this? Verified in another tool the service you are attempting to connect to?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
balu536
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by balu536 »

Hi All,

I am getting the same java error. I am working on Datastage Designer 8.
I read in the posts to avoid the above error, set the class path and DS_HOME path like below

DSHOME=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine
DATASTAGE_JRE=D:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps
DATASTAGE_JVM=jre\bin\j9vm

I set the following paths in the environment variables

DATASTAGE_JVM=C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps\jre\bin\j9vm
DATASTAGE_JRE=C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps

I could not keep the DS_HOME

Because i do not have the C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine . I have the C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients.
So how could i overcome this error ?

Please suggest me any idea to overcome this
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

get yourself a copy of a SOAP testing tool.....(there are 100's on the web)....SOAPBox from Vordel is a good one, as is SOAP UI. There is a thing called the Web Service Explorer in RDA/IDA/WID/RAD/RSA and most of the Rational Eclipse based tooling....... make sure you can get the service to function, as Craig notes, outside of DataStage.... the error you are getting makes it sound like the address in the WSDL is bad.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Eostic is a master on WSDL and SOAP related matters...
Good to see such guys in the forum.
I think sooner or later datastage would need to become fully webbased

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sreenivasulu wrote:I think sooner or later datastage would need to become fully webbased
I have no idea why you think that but I, for one, would oppose any such suggetion vehemently. Most of the serious "heavy lifting" is best done in batch using very high speed server-to-server network connections.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This question depends on the interpretation of "fully web based". In terms of the engine, I agree wholeheartedly with Ray. The core of DataStage needs to handle transactional ("typically" low volume, high speed, "real time") transformation and batch (typically high volume, heavy duty lifting)...... but it also needs the ability, when called upon, to perform transformations "as" a web accessible transformation engine, or to reach "out" to web accessible transformations (WSPack).

Another interpretation of web based would be the DS client, and that is another whole discussion/debate. Right now we have a bit of a hybrid, with BG and Workbench and the console being Web based..... I've always thought the director would be great as a web based tool, and years ago Kim Duke did some cool things there, and in 7.x we offered such a capability via RTI.......

As for Web Services called "from" DataStage (wsPack), it's useful and powerful, but should never be for high batch volumes...not because of DS or WSPack, but simply that Web Services are not a strong vehicle for large amounts of data.....or for millions of invocations (while processing a large amount of data). Even with array support, at some point you are going to have a communication bottleneck that can't hold a candle to direct access. Web Service client ability is a critical requirement for transformation tools --- but it still has to be used in the right context.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>