reject link enterprise stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

Hi again Maria :)

I think this is exactly the difference, as you've just witnessed in your scenarios. If the database manager is returning a fatal error, then that will cause your job to abort and you won't achieve capture of these down a reject link. If the errors returned are just SQL warnings of some sort, as far as the database is concerned, then these will be captured and your job will continue. The problem you face with this is that you cannot avoid getting the fatals back, these can't be demoted to warnings or something lesser through the likes of message handling - fatal is fatal.

Though I haven't used the Oracle stages personally (I'm using DB2 in my current assignments), I did notice in the documentation that the Oracle stage has an option of "Disable constraints". Perhaps making use of this you can attempt to load the rows, then when constraints are enabled again after load, you can make use of the exceptions table you define instead. I appreciate this is somewhat messier, but if it fits your requirement to capture any records that failed to load, then it might be your only remaining option.
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
Maria_VVM
Participant

Post by Maria_VVM »

Hello again,

"Disable contraints" apears only at the Load Write Method. But my case requires i update/insert records (basically it compares 2 tables and then i "update" - add or modify records - one table with the difference set of records).And in the Upsert method there isn't any option of disable contraint.

The weird thing is, the odbc enterprise stage does not give any fk errors. So i will probably work with that for now on.

Thanks all for all the answers,
Maria
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

Sorry, yes, you're quite right on that. Despite it not mentioning this in the docs, which I spotted the option in, it's only an option on a load method. Maybe you've actually uncovered a v7.x bug with the Oracle Enterprise stage? Certainly worthy of contacting your support provider for it I think.

Mark
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>