issue with data mismatch in timestamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

issue with data mismatch in timestamp

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi All,
I have developed a job in which my source dataset1 has postdate column in timestamp which has format of yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss and dataset2 has transdate column which has format same format as dataset1.
but after joining these two datasets on Account_no, transdate format getting changed its in format dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm:ss and values of hh:mm:ss are 00:00:00
Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards
Prasoon Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the data type? The display format is independant of how the data is actually stored; this is what I am assuming your problem is. What tool are you using to display your data?
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

ArndW wrote:What is the data type? The display format is independant of how the data is actually stored; this is what I am assuming your problem is. What tool are you using to display your data? ...
First i have taken the datatype as Timestamp,but the result was worng :cry: then i changed with varchar but still same problem....and i m using dataset to store the data and display
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You have 2 issues, one is just that the date is being displayed in another format, and that has nothing to do with the contents. The other is that you seem to be losing the time portion. This could be either display format related or be happening when you modify or fill the column. How are you doing this? You mentioned a "join" but not how the transdate column is derived.