XMLInput stage and RCP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ramani
Participant

XMLInput stage and RCP

Post by Ramani »

I have a requirement to load the metadata dynamically to the XMLInput stage and process further with some custom filters (which I can pass as a parameter to the job) to filter out XML data and also some level of dynamic transformation using XSLT.

Please help.
Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hmm. Good question (RCP)....not sure if the XML Stages support it, or if it even makes sense for them to do so...their architecture is so different, as they use dynamically generated xslt under the covers. Best bet is to probably use the ability to pass your own xslt "on the fly" to the job via Job Parameter, or I think you might also be able to pass it as a column value. Been a long time since I've done any custom xslt in the Stage, but I'll look around for a Job.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

I could not get this to work because I could not squish the xpath into the description of any column within a schema file. I believe that IF THAT could be done then you might be able to fix up some kind of RCP. Big if. I believed at the time and still believe your best bet would be some kind of custom XSLT. That seems to me to be too much work for too little reward.
I also seem to recall you'll have some problems with the XMLInput Stage not having any output columns. In short the XMLInput stage is simply not RCP capable.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

eostic wrote:not sure if the XML Stages support it, or if it even makes sense for them to do so...
I kind of fall into this camp.
throbinson wrote:still believe your best bet would be some kind of custom XSLT. That seems to me to be too much work for too little reward.
And this one. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers