Reading data from ODBC Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Reading data from ODBC Enterprise Stage

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,

We want to read the records from SQL Server,for this we are using ODBC Enterprise stage.But the problem is that since our data volumn is huge we want read the data parallely.Can we achieve through ODBC Enterprise stage or ODBC Connector. :(

If we use SQL Server stage,can we read the data parallelly? :?:

P.S : In the ODBC Enterprise stage General tab it is mentioned that
Exceution mode : Default(Sequential) :shock:
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you change the Execution Mode property? It may be still that you can't read in parallel - certainly this is true for non-partitioned Oracle tables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks for your reply!
I can't change the Excecution Mode. :(
But if I select ,in the properties Partition column =key_column then will the ODBC stage read the records parallelly?
I am bit confused :? , as per the document it mentioned that :

Code: Select all

Execution mode. This property determines whether your DataStage job runs in parallel or sequential mode. The ODBC enterprise stage automatically sets the execution mode, and does not allow you to change this value. If the stage is operating on only one file and there is one reader, the execution mode is sequential. Otherwise, the execution mode is parallel.
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Also while seraching the forum I have found the below link:

viewtopic.php?t=120194&start=0&sid=ad71 ... cf858b1774

But since in our tables there are no columns with numeric data type we can't implement this :(