data not getting inserted correctly in db

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shalini11
Participant

data not getting inserted correctly in db

Post by shalini11 »

Hi All,

I am trying to insert data from one table A to another table B. All the columns are just a straight move through a transformer.

Table A is having one column which is having values like:
Col1

This Col1 is not getting inserted properly into TableB. In TableB, data inserted is :

The col is varchar.

Please can u provide some solution.

Thanks in adv
shalini11
Participant

Post by shalini11 »

One thing I forgot to tell u.

I am using a change capture stage also in between. The scenario is that i have to compare tableA and table B and insert new records into table B.

I think there is some problem with the change capture only becoz when i tried to insert directly from one table to another then the col is getting inserted properly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
hailun
Participant

Post by hailun »

Hi,Shalini11,this question has been resolved,right?
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
shalini11 wrote:One thing I forgot to tell u.

I am using a change capture stage also in between. The scenario is that i have to compare tableA and table B and insert new records into table B.

I think there is some problem with the change capture only becoz when i tried to insert directly from one table to another then the col is getting inserted properly.

Thanks
Let's Progress Together....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

shalini11 wrote:One thing I forgot to tell u.

Do you think U would be interested?

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". U is one of our posters. The word "because" is not spelled "becoz". We strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, because even good English is difficult enough for those whose first language is not English. In particular, try to limit yourself to words (and spellings) that such people can find in a language translation dictionary.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.