Inserting Data into Partitioned Tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hema177
Participant

Inserting Data into Partitioned Tables

Post by hema177 »

Hi,

I am trying to insert data into a partitioned table which has a partition name based on one of the primary key columns of the table. e.g if the value of the key column is PN GBRTEST the partition name is PN_GBRTEST. So my insert statement should look like

insert into <table_name> partition (<partition_name_from_key>) values (<key>,'DATA1') etc

I am trying to generate the partition name dynamically while inserting using the Oracle Enterprise Stage. Any thoughts on how I will be able to achieve this? So far I've tried using the transformer but I get Insert Prepare Failed ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

I would be grateful for any pointers in this issue.

Thanks,

Hema
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you named a "partition table" in your stage properties? You should not need to specify the PARTITION clause in the INSERT statement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hema177
Participant

Post by hema177 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the response. I am not sure what you mean. The table on the Database is a partitioned table, and i am trying to insert values in a particular partition by deriving the partition name from a key column. I am able to insert data via Oracle enterprise stage if I hard code the partition name:

INSERT
INTO
#GP_SCHEMA#PS_GP_RSLT_ACUM PARTITION (PN_GBRTEST)
VALUES
(ORCHESTRATE.EMPLID, ORCHESTRATE.CAL_RUN_ID, ORCHESTRATE.EMPL_RCD, ORCHESTRATE.GP_PAYGROUP, ORCHESTRATE.CAL_ID, ORCHESTRATE.ORIG_CAL_RUN_ID, ORCHESTRATE.RSLT_SEG_NUM, ORCHESTRATE.PIN_NUM, ORCHESTRATE.EMPL_RCD_ACUM, ORCHESTRATE.ACM_FROM_DT, ORCHESTRATE.ACM_THRU_DT, ORCHESTRATE.SLICE_BGN_DT, ORCHESTRATE.SEQ_NUM8, ORCHESTRATE.SRC_SYS_ID, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY1, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY2, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY3, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY4, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY5, ORCHESTRATE.USER_KEY6, ORCHESTRATE.COUNTRY, ORCHESTRATE.ACM_TYPE, ORCHESTRATE.ACM_PRD_OPTN, ORCHESTRATE.CALC_RSLT_VAL, ORCHESTRATE.CALC_VAL, ORCHESTRATE.USER_ADJ_VAL, ORCHESTRATE.PIN_PARENT_NUM, ORCHESTRATE.CORR_RTO_IND, ORCHESTRATE.VALID_IN_SEG_IND, ORCHESTRATE.CALLED_IN_SEG_IND, ORCHESTRATE.SLICE_END_DT, ORCHESTRATE.LOAD_ERROR, ORCHESTRATE.DATA_ORIGIN, ORCHESTRATE.CREATED_EW_DTTM, ORCHESTRATE.LASTUPD_EW_DTTM, ORCHESTRATE.BATCH_SID)

I need to be able to parameterise the partition name based on CAL_RUN_ID so that data can be inserted into different partitions dynamically at runtime.

Hope this clarifies. Sorry if I haven't been able to explain this very well.

Regards,
hema177
Participant

Post by hema177 »

Hi Ray,

I see what you mean now, sorry for being so daft. I am not an Oracle person (as must be obvious now.)

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Hema