Problem with job status, error code -14

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Abhijit_JU
Participant

Problem with job status, error code -14

Post by Abhijit_JU »

Hi ,

I am facing some issue with some seq while executing them using dsjob command. I have a wrepper script and from there the job is getting invoked using follwoing commands:

DS_COMMAND="dsjob -run -warn 0 -jobstatus ${ALL_JOB_PARM} ${PROJECT} ${SEQUENCE_NAME}.${CIRCLE}_${MIFC_FILE_SEQ_ID} 2>&1 | grep \"Status code\" | awk -F= '{print \$2}' | awk -F' ' '{print \$1}'"
DSJOB_RETURN_CODE=`eval ${DS_COMMAND}`
if [ "${DSJOB_RETURN_CODE}" -ne 1 -a "${DSJOB_RETURN_CODE}" -ne 2 ]
then
echo "Sequence ${SEQUENCE_NAME}.${CIRCLE}_${MIFC_FILE_SEQ_ID} failed with DS error code ${DSJOB_RETURN_CODE}. Refer to DSJob Log for details"

Sometime in the log it is showing the seq failed with error code -14 but when I checked the job log I got to see the job started execution properly and completed sucessfully. It seems I am getting wrong status of the job from "dsjob -run -jobstatus" command.

Can anyone please help me out what would be the correct way to get the status of job and any input why I am getting error code -14?

Please let me know if any more detail is required. Thanks in advance for all your help.
[/quote]