Sequential File Stage format problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sequential File Stage format problem

Post by Nagin »

I am facing a bit strange problem. I have a sequetial file stage that reads from a source. I have the Reject Mode option set to Output in the properties.
One of the columns I am trying to read in is a Integer. And, when I have data for instance as 10.45 (which is a decimal) I want to be able to reject it and capture it in the reject file rather than processing.

Here is the issue I am facing. When I run the row with above value for an integer DataStage is taking the row and ignoring the numbers after the decimal and inserting "10". I would like to reject the row and capture it in the rejects.

I tried couple of other things. I gave value "abc123" in the integer place its rejecting it successfully. At the same time, If I give it "123abc" it is not rejecting but process just the "123".

I thought its a little strange behaviour.

Have any one of you faced this kind of problem before??

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What are the properties involved here, particularly the Field Delimiter property?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

*Topic relocated - Content Editor*
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:What are the properties involved here, particularly the Field Delimiter property?
The field delimiter is pipe character
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

Nagin wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:What are the properties involved here, particularly the Field Delimiter property?
The field delimiter is pipe character
Are there any other options or properties I am missing to specify?