Lookup job failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup job failure

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
I have developed the job in which i m using Lookup stage,but the job is getting aborted and giving error message is:-

Lookup_1,0: Could not map table file "/etlstg/datasets/lookuptable.20090506.hlpp0hd (size 541052504 bytes)": Not enough space
Error finalizing / saving table /tmp/dynLUT87267436f27d22

My config file is

main_program: APT configuration file: /dshome/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/etlstg_dataset.apt
{
node "node1"
{
fastname "CNDAIRPZDBDT03"
pools ""
resource disk "/etlstg/datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/dshome/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}
At resource disk mountpoint there are around 220 GB of space is free but still my job is getting aborted.
Please provide me any possible solution.

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How many rows and how large is each on the reference input?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

I think this is related to the memory space and not really the disk space. Try using a join stage instead of lookup....
ray.wurlod wrote:How many rows and how large is each on the reference input? ...
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

there are around 6kakhs record in the reference ........and i can not use join stage becoz i want the rejection..:( and i dont believe on merge stage....i have seen that merge stage giving worng result...so plz provide me solution for this..??
adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

You may use a Left Outer Join. So the unmactched values may be rejected in the following filter stage.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

prasson_ibm wrote:and i dont believe on merge stage....i have seen that merge stage giving worng result...so plz provide me solution for this..??
Define "wrong result"
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

wrong result means data in the target dataset inproper i.e. not matching with the source dataset
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

If you were not getting the desired result that doesn't always mean that the stage is not working correctly. It may be due to wrong logic.

If you are sure it dosen't work the report it as a bug with IBM with sample.
Well. it works fine for me.

You can avoid putting unnecessry columns to the reference link. If you have already done that then you can always use join stage with left outer join and downstream filter to get the rejected records.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: