Join stage same partition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Join stage same partition

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
I am using a join stage .. There are two input links to the join stage and both of them are sorted and hash partition based upon a key COL1.. In the output I used same partition.. I want to know which input link partitioning information will be propagated to the output link(as it is same partition)...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Partitioning is only ever set on input links. Data on output links will always be the same as specified on the main input link. In your case, the Join stage has its inputs partitioned identically, so "main" does not come into consideration.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Thanks for your reply.

You are right. In the above example both the input links are having identical partitioning. If both the input links are not having same partitioning then in the join stage how will I know which one is "Main" link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As I noted in my earlier post, "main" is not relevant in this case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
Then in which case "Main" will come into consideration for Join stage?