warning: score file deletion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

foryou
Participant

warning: score file deletion

Post by foryou »

Hi,

We are ending up with this warning whenever run any job.
main_program: broadcastStepIR: warning: score file deletion for /tmp/APTcs7780e2d5cc76 failed; errno = 26

On checking found that many APTcs7780e2d5cc76 kinds of files are getting created at tmp folder which does not get deleted automatically once the job get over & clogging lot of space at the server.

How can we enable the automatic deletion of files hoping this will eliminate this warning as well?

Already tried searching the forum..

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The score files *should* be automatically deleted - there is nothing to enable. They are cleaned up when the conductor process is closing down after all section leaders report that they have finished.

If the automatic process can not delete them, then check with your Windows O/S administrator that the rm command is not particularly protected (it's the same process that created them, so it's unlikely to be permissions).

(The rm command is executed from within MKS Toolkit.)
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue May 05, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
foryou
Participant

Post by foryou »

Thanks ray.wurlod for your response...

do you think I need to take it up with vendor support as it may be some issue in tool or installation...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not until you have checked all the things I mentioned, or had your Windows administrator do so.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

FWIW, errno 26 in Windows is the "text file busy".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers