XML Parsing- How to clear this Warning Message...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gopalraja
Participant

XML Parsing- How to clear this Warning Message...

Post by Gopalraja »

Hi,

I got warning message while using my source as a XML file. The job got finished success but I got warning in my log which is related to the delimiter...

If I'm using Sequential file stage it shows like this ""Missing record delimiter "\x00", saw EOF instead" "

If I'm using External stage it shows like this. "Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead". But both input file is same.

Anybody faced these kind of warning message... Could you pls give some idea regarding this..

Thanks in Advance...
Aswice
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

The record delimiter for the last record is missing. I don't think there is any way you can handle this in the code. You can demote the warning to informational from the director log. Just curious. Why are you using a Sequential file/External source stage to read XML file instead of XML input stage?
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The External Source stage should just be passing in just the filename and the XML Input stage therefore is the one doing the reading. Yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It may depend on what is being used in the External Source Stage...sounds like a program to bring in the file is being used, as opposed to "ls" (unix list).

Bottom line --- the "safe" bet is to use ls and send just the filename into the XMLInput Stage. Then there will be no EOL or EOF delimiters to deal with.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
pavans
Participant

Post by pavans »

eostic wrote:It may depend on what is being used in the External Source Stage...sounds like a program to bring in the file is being used, as opposed to "ls" (unix list).

Bottom line --- the "safe" bet is to use ls and send just the filename into the XMLInput Stage. Then there will be no EOL or EOF delimiters to deal with.

Ernie
I guess Ernie is right. Why don't you tell us your job design. That might help.
Thanks,
Pavan
Gopalraja
Participant

Post by Gopalraja »

Hi,

Yes, I want to pass the data and file name to the xml input stage, so I have used this external Source stage. Xml Input stage should have one input and no. of out links. You cannot directly use the xml input stage for source input.

I can understand what u have suggested, but in the xml input how can I define the last line or EOF definition.

Thanks for your valuable solutions.

Thanks in Advance
Aswice
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, you want to pass just the filename to the XML Input stage and set it to "URL/File path" so that it reads the data. Trying to "pass the data" via the External Source stage is your problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers