Multiple Attachments in Mail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi,
If I understand you correctly, 'You want to send one email with all the rejected files, provided if they have any records in them'.

In this case you can directly use the notification activity stage and in the attachement space list all the file names (with path / parameter). i think is would fix your problem.
Thanks
Karthick
bbobpop1
Participant

Post by bbobpop1 »

dsuser_cai wrote:Hi,
If I understand you correctly, 'You want to send one email with all the rejected files, provided if they have any records in them'.

In this case you can directly use the notification activity stage and in the attachement space list all the file names (with path / parameter). i think is would fix your problem.

Yes your understanding is correct.

As the list of file names is dynamic, I can't use all the file names. First I need to check files for rejected records and if there are any rejected records, I need to use that file as a attachment.

Thanks
Bob
Thanks
bob
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

I believe that you might have seperate reject folder and all you reject files might come to it. I have not tried this, but i thought this may work for you.
Every day when your new ject files are created try to put them into a new folder (like .../reject_folder/reject_folder_current_date) and try to do a zip of this folder and send that as email. By this way you will all the files inside the folder for any particular day.
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I too would suggest the 'zip' approach to this, who wants to get an email with 95 files attached to it? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bbobpop1
Participant

Post by bbobpop1 »

Thanks. Using the ZIP Approach this issue is resolved.

Thanks
Bob
Thanks
bob
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

Why don't you, put all the data into send that file as attachemnt, which is easy to verify rejections, even if you send zip file still they need to open 95 files to check rejected records which are related to same kind of data.
bbobpop1
Participant

Post by bbobpop1 »

Hi

Thanks for the suggession. However because of following reasons I am not mearging the rejected records in to one file.

1) Metadata for the files is different

2) Rejected file names indicate which source file has rejected records.

Thanks
Bob