Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Sequence

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I have situation. I have several jobs that need to update a control table once it completes. For example

job1 after completion ---> JobRC(update run_control_table). right now im using the following logic to accomplish this in the job activity (job1)

$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNWARN Or
$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNOK

this works fine. I would liek to know if there is any other alternate method to accomplish this, Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Karthick
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Karthick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Learn patience. Your first post was 2am my time. If you want me to respond at that hour you will have to pay me A LOT OF MONEY.

The logic you are using is perfectly acceptable and does exactly what you require. It's probably also the most efficient. Why do you seek alternates?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For me, the posts were in the morning and afternoon of my first day working for a new client. Which means if I'm here, it will be either first thing in the morning or perhaps late at night (or both) but not during my working hours.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers