Final Delimiter =End

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Final Delimiter =End

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I am using a sequential file from a server job as a source to my parallel job. There were data type inconsistancies in parallel while using the Sequential file, so i planned to convert the data in a sequential file to a complete text format using the sed commands( Remove all the double quotes first and then add quotes to all the fields).

Code: Select all

sed  -e 's/"//g' test_file.txt >test_file1.txt
sed  -e 's/,/","/g' test_file1.txt >test_file2.txt

and the last command would be 

sed 's/^/"/' test_file2.txt| sed 's/$/"/' >test_file3.txt

The plan is working fine except for the last field . The Seq file stage has Final Delimiter set as End which sed is replacing with the value given as".

This is generating import warning saying that the last field is not having the field delilmiter.Can you please help me to identify the value for the End so that while i replace i would also append with an End Character.
Regards
Ragu
davyjames
Participant

Re: Final Delimiter =End

Post by davyjames »

You can try to specify the Final Delimiter =End in UNIX Newline in Seq stage,I think
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use \n as the End character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.